What is the Kickstart Scheme?
The Kickstart scheme is a £2 billion fund to create hundreds of thousands of high quality 6-month work placements for young people. It is set up to give young people a chance to build on their confidence, learn new skills and gain experience in the workplace. This will improve their chances of getting a long-term job.
- For young people aged 16 – 24 years of age
- Participants must be claiming Universal Credit
- Participants must be referred to the scheme via a JCP Work Coach
- Businesses offer 6 months placements
- Job placements must be for a minimum of 25 hours per week
- Job placements will be paid at National Minimum Wage – which is funded via the scheme
- Kickstart is for any business across all sectors including the private, public and voluntary and community sectors
Please note: Businesses that wish to employ 30 or more young people through the scheme can apply directly to the Government, those who wish to offer less than 30 job placements must apply via a Gateway Organisation
How does it work?
- The Kickstart scheme is an excellent opportunity to grow your business by investing in young people and providing them with an opportunity to develop their careers.
- A grant is available for each job placement a covers 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage (or the National Living Wage) for 25 hours per week, plus the associated Employer National Insurance contributions and Employer minimum automatic enrolment pension contributions. Employers are able to top the pay of those on job placements should they wish to do so.
- In addition to 100% of wages being covered, the scheme provides £1,500 per job placement, this is to cover employability skills training. Here at Northern Training Academy we have two fantastic offers to offers to support you……..
NTA - Role as a Gateway
For more information or to request a call back to discuss the scheme, please complete the form below and we will be in touch as soon as we can